Professional multi-format DVB IP Audio Encoder
The MM08E is a state-of-the-art DVB Audio Encoder that can be used to generate multiple Audio over IP streams (RTP/UDP) or a combined DVB Transport Stream (DVB-TS). Furthermore, the stream(s) can be outputted via IP or ASI suitable for any DVB Transmission like DVB-S2, DVB-T2 or DVB-C.
In addition, it’ scalability from 1 to 8 audio channels that can be changed via a simple option key upload, gives you flexibility in planning your network and can reduce your costs.
With two physically separated network interfaces and the Dual Streaming feature this device can provide a rock-solid IP transmission that comes to its best in combination with a Pro-MPEG FEC.
Two redundant and hot pluggable power supplies facilitates device maintenance.
Transport stream outputs (DVB/MPEG-2 TS)
- 1-8x TS over UDP/IP with Program and Service Tables
- 2x TS over ASI interface according to ETSI EN 300 468 with Program and Service Tables
IP Streaming outputs
- Rock solid network connection even in stress conditions according to standards RFC 3550, RFC 3551, RFC 3640, RFC 2250
- Forward Error Correction: Pro-MPEG FEC
- Dual Streaming on two physically separated ethernet ports
High quality multi-format audio encoding:
- MPEG 1/2 Layer 1,2 and 3, G.711, G.722, MPEG 2/4 AAC-LC, HEv1, HEv2, AAC-LD, Linear PCM
- Optional: Enhanced aptX
- Synchronized and embedded in Audio over IP stream (RTP/UDP)
- As private stream with its own PID
- As ancillary data in audio elementary stream
- Remote control with various possibilities – HTTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP
- Revised configuration via web user interface for easier setup
- SNMP v2c, relays, inputs
- Energy efficient 24/7 broadcast quality
- RDS decoding (built in RDS/UECP decoder)
- Embedded Auxiliary data (RBDS/RDS or PAD) and GPIO forwarding
- On request: Perfect network synchronization for SFN applications
Monitoring and Alarms
- IP and MPEG parameters via SNMP v2c and relay
- Headphone output
- SNMP, Alarm, source switch & event logging
Datasheet for MM08E DVB IP Encoder (PDF, 615 KB)